Author: Pankuri Bansal
This Blog introduces how to create a connected App in Salesforce.
Let’s have a look…
What is a Connected App?
A connected app is a framework that enables an external application to integrate with Salesforce using APIs and standard protocols, such as SAML, OAuth, and OpenID Connect.
- They are used while configuring salesforce with JWT Token.
- With the help of a connected APP, “Salesforce” can connect with Rest API Calls/ External System without any salesforce mule connector.
That functionality is discussed in another blog with the Topic:- REST API To Salesforce Sync.
- Log in to Salesforce.
- Click Setup in the upper-right corner.
- Click on Quick Find (left side search box).
- Then under apps click on App Manager.
- Write the App Name and provide your email address and phone number.
- Under API Enable OAuth Settings
- Click both the check box as per the screenshot then the callback URL is automatically generated.
- We’ll now move on to Scopes and add both of the scopes visible in the screenshot by clicking ‘add’.
- The scope can be changed or chosen according to the customer’s requirements.
- Click on the save button.
- Your Connected APP was created successfully.
- External system when needs to connect with Salesforce need Client Id and Client Secret..
- For that Click on the Manage Consumer Details Button.
- Once you click on the “Manager consumer” button in Salesforce, it will prompt you to enter a verification code for security purposes. Upon successful configuration, you will then be able to view your credentials.
- Then you able to see the details below screenshot:-
- Staged Consumer Details (once you get this it will be replaced with original consumer details) are generated only when you click on generate button highlighted by a red mark in the screenshot.