Author: Karthik Paladugu
Anypoint Runtime Fabric: is a container service that automates deployment and orchestration of Mule applications and API gateways.
It runs on customer managed infrastructure (AWS, Azure, GCP, VM’s ).
Runtime Fabric is similar to Cloudhub except the hosted environment, as RTF is deployed on customer managed environments whereas Cloudhub runs on AWS.
Run Time fabric supports Development and Production Configurations.
In this blog, we will configure Run Time Fabric on Azure Environment by using ARM Template.
Recommended Environment for Development:
Controller vm: It is responsible to retrieve metadata and assets required to deploy application on Worker Node.
- Login to Anypoint Platform
- Select Runtime Manager
- Provide Name to Run Time Fabric
- Download RTF configuration files from Step 2
- Extract downloaded zip file “rtf-install-scripts-20200611-a780ef3”
- After extracting, we can see Azure folder.
- In Azure folder, create “script.sh” file (we can do this by logging into Mac terminal or any unix Terminal).
- Place below content in “script.sh” file:
RTF_MULE_LICENSE=' ' \ ./generate-templates.sh
- We need to convert Mule license file by using below command and place that converted text license in between single quotes in script.sh file under RTF_MULE_LICENSE (eg: RTF_MULE_LICENSE=’ converted license file content’)
base64 -b0 license.lic
- After placing the converted license file in script.sh, save that file and execute in mac or unix terminal.
- It will generate below two files in unix:
- We need to use above ARM templates to configure RTF environment.
- Login to Azure Portal.
- Select “Create a Resource”.
- Search for “ Template Deployment”.
- Select “Create”.
- Select “Build Your Own Template in the editor”.
- Select “Load File”.
- Click Next and then we need to select “subscription” and “Region” . We also need to place the ssh key and Activation key.
- By using below steps we can generate public key in unix or Mac:
ssh-keygen -o $HOME/.ssh/id_rsa.pub (contains public key), cat id_rsa.pub shows public key
- We can get Anypoint Activation Data from Step 3 (key will be there under “Use this activation data in your Installation → copy option will be there for Activation key).
- Click on Purchase and it takes around 20 minutes to deploy your development RTF environment.
- After that, login to Anypoint Platform and select Run time Manager. In that we need to select Run Time Fabric.
- Enable mutual authentication with Anypoint Platform connectivity.
- We can see Status of “azure-rtf” as Active (with Green Status).