Author: Preetam Deshmukh
- Install Mule Secure Configuration Property Extension from Exchange in Mule Palette.
- Once installed we will see the Secure Properties option in Mule Palette.
- Create a properties file and define the properties which need to be secured in the properties file.
In below example we have created a secure.properties file
- Open the properties file with Mule Properties Editor
- Double click on property Name and click on Encrypt
- Select the Algorithm and mention the key which will be used to Decrypt the password in future.
- Now will see password is Decrypted
- Go to Global Elements or Config and create a Secure Properties Config
- Select the Algorithm,key and file to be secured.
Please note – Algorithm and key should be similar to what we used while encrypting the password in the above step.
Mention the secure property in configuration with secure::(secureProperty)
If we want to encrypt the property in Runtime Manager properties, add secureProperties key to mule-artifact.json.
If we want to access or change the secure property in Runtime properties use below