Authors: Pankuri Bansal & Nikhil Kumar
In this blog, we will study Data Loader, its advantages, and how it functions with Salesforce. In this use case, we will perform an import operation with the help of Data Loader in Salesforce.
- With Dataloader.io, the possibilities are endless. You can import and export data into Salesforce.com, but with Dataloader.io, you can freely import, export, or delete up to 10,000 records per month.
- It is simple and secure, providing intelligent data mapping.
- Plus, you have the freedom to connect to as many endpoints as you desire. It’s a game-changer for businesses looking for seamless connectivity and efficient data management.
- Introducing Dataloader.io, a revolutionary SaaS offering that sets you free from any hassles. This entirely cloud-based software is available to you at absolutely no cost, with no downloads or subscriptions required.
- It’s a seamless and convenient solution that eliminates the burden of extra expenses and commitments. Experience the freedom of Dataloader.io today!
- With the help of Dataloader, developers can import/export data from Salesforce to any FTP, SFTP, or Dropbox locations.
- It can delete, create, or upload data in any Salesforce objects.
- It has the capability to expose data based on SOQL.
- Create a Salesforce trial account with the help of this link https://login.salesforce.com/?locale=in
- Go to https://dataloader.io/ site.
- Click on Get started.
- Then choose the free one and click Get it now.
- Select the environment. And click on login.
- Afterwards, provide the username and password of your Sandbox account.
- Sometimes, an access popup appears. Once you are granted access, you can successfully log into Data Loader.
- Click on New Task and choose the operation you want to perform.
First, it will perform an import operation, so click on ‘Import.
Connection: Automatically it’s connected to your Salesforce account.
Operation: Developer can select whatever operation they want to perform (Insert, upsert, delete)
Object– Select any Salesforce object on which developer want to perform operation.
In this use case we selected insert operation on Account object.
- Select object and operation then click on next.
- Now it’s up to the developer to choose where to pick up or import the file.
Select source according to use case.
- As mentioned above, we learned that Dataloader helps provide intelligent data mapping.
As shown in the screenshot below, some fields are automatically mapped.
- If the developer feels that some fields are not correctly mapped, they can select new ones, or Data Loader can refactor the previous mapping.
- After clicking on next, here is the summary.
- Scheduler task: Developers can also schedule events on a daily, hourly, monthly, or yearly basis from the drop-down.
- API Mode: Developers can select their api mode according to use case requirements. In this use case we selected Bulk API Mode.
After clicking on ‘Save,’ the whole data is saved.
If you want the results via email, click the checkbox ‘Send me the results via email’ after providing email addresses.
- Now click on run.
- Click next, if no changes are to be made and then Run.
- Application Running.
Once the task has run, it will be displayed in Data Loader as shown in the screenshot below.
- At the same time, we checked the checkbox to receive the results via email.
- Email was also received once the test ran.
- Now, go to Salesforce and check whether the records have been inserted or not.
As shown below, records have been added successfully to the Account object in Salesforce.
- While testing, developers can make implementation edits, change inputs for testing, and clone this application in their systems.
- After clicking on this blue link, it will generate a CSV response file for records that were inserted successfully into the Account object.