Author: Vishal Saini
Snowflake is a cloud data warehouse built on top of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud infrastructure and is a true SaaS offering with full support for ANSI SQL. There is no hardware (virtual or physical) for you to select, install, configure, or manage. There is no software for you to install, configure, or manage. All ongoing maintenance, management, and tuning is handled by Snowflake. It also has a unique architecture that enables users to just create tables and start querying data with very less administration or DBA activities needed.
Creation of account with Snowflake/Installation of Connector to AnypointStudio4.
- Please sign up/login on snowflakes account.(https://trial.snowflake.com/)
- After successful registration, you can login to snowflake and check for the databases.
- Please check if anypoint studio have Snowlfake connector available, if not dowload from https://www.cdata.com/download/download.aspx?sku=OWUE-V&type=demo
- Extract the files from SnowflakeMuleSoftConnector.zip
- Locate the cdata.muleLicenseInstaller.snowflake.jar and goto the location using cmd and run the below commands:(Read the readme.txt file)
- Open anypoint studio and locate Install artifact in local repository, click on that and browse the path of cdata-snowflake-connector-19.0.7362-mule-plugin.jar (located inside \SnowflakeMuleSoftConnector\connectors folder) and click on Install.
Add dependency in your projects pom.xml file
<!– CData Snowflake –>
- Restart your studio and you will find the Snowflake connector in Mule palette.
Connecting with Snowflake:
Mulesoft can be easily connected with snowflake once the connector has been enabled in AnypointStudio.
- Url is the same which you have received from Snowflake Activation email.
- Database: user can select as per his requirement and availability on snowflake
- Schema: user can select as per his requirement
- Warehouse: user can use existingor create their own warehouses as per requirement.
- Username/Password: should be the same as used in snowflake registration.
Fetch snowflake data from MuleSoft:
After completing and deploying the application, one can see the response in Postman in Json format.
Should you have any question, please feel free to comment below.
For more information on snowflake: https://docs.snowflake.net/manuals/